We asked actress and yogi Steffy White why she loves Shoreditch and why you should live there, and if not, then hang out there this summer. Before qualifying as a yoga teacher, Steffy was a working actress and still is. “It’s lovely because both go hand in hand,” she says, adding, “I like to just go in the direction life takes me!”
1. The canal is close and it’s amazing in the summer
2. You can bike EVERYWHERE
3. My best friend Coral has the most unbelievable house there and she throws great roof parties
4. Celestine Eleven yoga studio/ school where I have just become a permanent teacher – It’s beautiful! There’s also Frame studios where you can do everything from yoga to dance like Beyonce.
5. Vietnamese deliciousness – especially Song Que Vietnamese on Kingsland Road
6. I can wear crazy leggings and no one cares
7. Brick lane goodies – Check out the Vintage Emporium on Brick Lane for avocado and cream cheese bagels! Amazing!
8. Shoreditch House roof and yoga studio.
9. There’s always something new popping up somewhere, so there’s no chance of getting bored!