Have you figured out Facebook marketing? What if I told you that organic reach is GOING UP for many businesses in 2015? Impossible you say? Well, then you will need to catch up with our new episode of The Marketing Companion where we discuss the “secondary advertising ripple” and how it’s creating new complexity for companies trying to figure out what’s happening on their Facebook page.
But wait! There’s more! Some of the other ripped from the headlines topics on this episode include:
- A discussion on new data on how an increase in negative feedback can actually be a positive for some businesses that are increasingly turning to Facebook as a customer service channel.
- 1 billion people logged into Facebook on a single day last month. We discuss Facebook as a sociological driver of community and connection. Or, are they just in it for the money?
- Blab — Meerkat killer or just another app in the line of streaming video innovation? I like it a lot, but Tom has some reservations about using this technology for marketing purposes. Bottom line: Live is hard.
- A live Blab for Mark and Tom and our loyal listeners? Yes, it is going to happen.
- The latest innovation from The Marketing Companion laboratories: Mashley Addison.
With no further delay, let’s dive in shall we?
If you can’t access the podcast above, click on this link to listen to Episode 57
Resources mentioned in this episode
The worst song in history – Escape: The Pina Colada Song
Kerry Gorgone’s post on the legal issues with live video streaming
Please support our extraordinary sponsors. Our content is free because of their generosity.
gShift’s Web Presence Analytics platform provides agencies and brands with search, social and mobile content marketing data in one place. Monitor and report on an entire web presence. Create smarter, faster content through gShift’s proprietary data. Report on the engagement and performance of your content marketing investment.
Our podcast is also brought to you by Voices Heard Media. Please check out this tremendous resource for scaling social media engagement. Take a look at building an engaged and relevant audience through innovative new games, contests, analytics, polling platforms, and other innovations.
Illustration courtesy Toothpaste for dinner.