Add a graphic design course to your holiday wish list, communicators. Infographics are the top technique for reaching audiences, and here’s why.
Because of that, we determined that I ought to pursue a major related to communications. At no point in that discussion did I think a communications career would require graphic design knowledge.
When you chose a major or got hired for your first communications job, you probably didn’t think so, either.
But here we are in 2015, and infographics are everywhere.
There’s a reason these visual wonders are so popular—five reasons, actually. An infographic by Identity PR discusses each one. Infographics:
1. Capture attention: A well-designed visual will hook readers. It only takes our brains one-fourth of a second to understand visual information.
2. Increase retention: We process images 60,000 times faster than text.
3. Boost SEO: Traffic to your site can increase about 12 percent after you post an infographic.
4. Build brand awareness: Use your organization’s colors, fonts and other branding elements to remind readers who created this stunning piece of helpful, insightful content.
5. Increase credibility: When you present valuable information in a professional and appealing way, people take notice. Infographics are an effective way to show potential customers you know your stuff.
Check out the infographic below: