Summer is finally arriving in the Capital and with it brings the post work summer soirees. We’d all love to have the luxury of time before going out, but getting ready is so often a rushed scramble. So here are a few quick tips to get you party ready from the confines of your desk. All you need are a few key products and a compact mirror.
1) To refresh the skin we love some sort of Facial Spray that will freshen up your makeup and keep your skin looking and feeling hydrated. Our pick is theLa Roche Posay Serozinc Toner £6.37, Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist £18.00, and Kora Organics Energizing Citrus Mist £32.00
2) Concealer can banish all sorts of problems, from redness and blemishes to dark circles, whatever your issue, concealer really is your best friend. Rather than adding another layer of foundation, refresh your base with touches of concealer in key areas such as sides of the nose, forehead and chin. Our go-to concealers are the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer £22.00, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage £26.50 and Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer £21.50.
3) Dry Shampoo, we have all been there, about to leave the door when you suddenly realize that your hair is actually a lot greasier than you had thought. That’s why dry shampoo is a life saviour and must have for your desk side beauty stash. Opt for dry shampoo for added volume, texture and of course banishing those greasy roots, our selection of our favourites are ORIBE Dry Texturizing Spray £39.00, Philip B Russian Amber Imperial Dry Shampoo £20.00 and PERCY AND REED No-fuss Fabulousness Dry Shampoo, £12.00.
4) Set your makeup in place and banish any unwanted shine with a touch of Powder, giving you a mattified but not flat complexion. Our top picks are theHourglass Ambient Lighting Powder £38.00 and NARS All Day Luminous Powder Foundation £33.00.
5) An easy way to vamp up any look is with a Bold Lip, it equals instant glamour and is in fact reasonably easy to achieve. We find lip crayons are the easiest for achieving this, quickly and precisely and eliminates the need of a lip liner. Our favourites are the Clinique Chubby Stick in Two Ton Tomato £17.00, SURRATT BEAUTY Automatique Lip Crayon in Fuchsine £24.00, and NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella £19.00.
6) It has been said that the eyes are the window to the soul, so pack an easy Eye Crayon to your desk drawer and simply apply and blend out with your fingers, quick easy and effective. We like the By Terry Ombre Blackstar “Colour-Fix” Cream Eyeshadow £29.00, or Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour £22.00.
Keep a selection of these multi-tasking miracle working products in your desk all year round and those last minute party invitations will no longer be a worry.