Even though it’s called the World Wide Web, we tend to focus on what our American users are doing (not saying this is a good thing). That’s why some of the stats on this infographic caught our attention. For instance, 80 percent of YouTube traffic comes from outside the U.S., and 60 percent of viewers on YouTube use a primary language other than English. This infographic from Jeremy Siegfried at YouTube Downloader is stuffed with statistics about YouTube and some of them, frankly, blew our mind.
Did you know:
• In Saudi Arabia, most YouTube channels revolve around social comedy.
• In the United Kingdom 35 percent of residents are active on YouTube.
• In Germany 61.5 percent of videos on blocked.
• In Japan, a video of a “martial arts dance” has been viewed 27 million times!
• In Australia, 400 tweets a minute contain a YouTube link.
• And right here in the U.S., ShortStack’s how-to videos have been viewed nearly a million times* by our users who want to learn more about building lead-generating Campaigns!