Lead engagement is a powerful tool for digital marketing which is used for bridging the gap between you and your potential customers. A common mistake for internet marketers is launching a lead generation process to boost its market sales and profit, but fail to acquire customer retention for their business. This is where lead engagement and lead nurturing becomes vital in any digital marketing strategy. If you are using LinkedIn as a platform for social marketing, you need to employ both lead generation and nurturing processes in order to enhance your marketing outcomes more productively. Whether you already have a number of customers who are the loyal followers of your LinkedIn business profile, your marketing efforts should not end here.
Why you need lead engagement and nurturing techniques for LinkedIn?
Related Resources from B2C
» Free Webcast: Using Data and Design to Create a Knockout Email Nurture Program
LinkedIn is a social media platform that is popular among professionals and businesses where they can build and grow their social followers. Using the LinkedIn network allows its users to enjoy the opportunity of meeting new business prospects while it offers a smart way of engaging in social media marketing when finding new potential customers and in socially promoting a business. Many digital marketers are using LinkedIn for lead generation and have become successful in generating more leads for their business.
However, if you want to maintain a consistent brand’s popularity in the social media community in order to generate more leads profitably, it is crucial to engage your followers to keep their interest in your brand. That is why you need not only lead generation, but lead nurturing process to work hand in hand together for better marketing strategy in generating leads through LinkedIn. Lead generation is the process of targeting potential customers who will be interested in your business and to keep them interested in your products and services until that interest is successfully converted into sales profit.
Lead nurturing comes as your next technique in LinkedIn marketing after a successful lead generation process to your business advantage. It will help sustain the interest of your customers, thus nurturing them in order to make them find your business relevant for their needs. With lead nurturing, you can easily reach out in communicating with your customers through LinkedIn and essentially win their trust in your brand eventually in the long term. The process of lead nurturing will cultivate trust that will make your LinkedIn followers buy your products and continuously patronize your business. Thus, both lead generation and lead nurturing are tandem in helping your brand become more relevant and important to your leads. Using LinkedIn and applying the proper lead generation and nurturing techniques for the platform will help in the customer acquisition and retention goals of your digital marketing campaigns.
Helpful lead generation techniques for LinkedIn
There are different approaches that can help with your digital marketing campaigns when it comes to lead generation and nurturing techniques in LinkedIn.
1. Use the LinkedIn company page
Many potential customers are looking for reputable business companies that can offer them the specific products or services that they need. By creating a company page from LinkedIn, it is easier for potential leads to find your brand and you can easily engage them through your company page.
- Create a Linkedin company page for your business
- Highlight all the products and services that you can offer to your target market.
- Engage your leads to your products and services by publishing some posts about your business profile, company information such as address, website, contact number and a profile of your staff.
- Publish videos and images about the behind the scene action of your business operation.
2. Use LinkedIn groups
You can generate leads faster for your business if you can join LinkedIn groups with members who share similar interest about your business niche where you can introduce your business.
- Find and join LinkedIn groups with big number of members. Introduce your business to their members casually by participating in their conversation and activities.
- Create your own group and invite others too.
- Start a topic that the group members will find highly engaging and interesting. Invite others to make a comment or start a conversation and encourage others to participate.
- Add business links to your posts in the discussion. It is a good way of giving others the chance to check out your business profile. You can include links that will direct the readers to a gated content where they need to leave their information in exchange of reading your content.
3. Take advantage of LinkedIn analytics
LinkedIn offers an analytics tool for digital marketers to help them find which of their posts are generating the most number of views and clicks. You can use the data, such as the clicks, impressions, followers and interaction to boost your digital marketing campaigns.
4. Publish posts regularly
By publishing high quality and interesting content to your LinkedIn page, you can nurture the interest of your followers to your business.
- Regularly publish content that is relevant to your niche. Post the latest news about your market industry and helpful articles that will help solve the common problems of your readers.
- Highlight the latest updates and news about your latest product launching.
- Explain the benefits that can be derived from using your products and services.
- Give some helpful tips that your target leads will always take an interest about.
- Publish content about the testimonies of your product users who are also members on LinkedIn.
5. Lead nurturing your LinkedIn contacts
You probably don’t know it, but LinkedIn allows its users to export some information of your LinkedIn contacts such as their email address. After extracting your contact information, you can then filter the list by selectively removing those who may not be potential leads to your business. Once you have their email address, you can send an individual email where you can formally present your business products and services. Send your leads some free coupons, trial package of your products and other freebies to nurture them as potential leads for your business.