Did he ever ask you to pay for the down payment on his car? If not, you’re faring much better than some of these poor employees.
How about come up with a science fair project for her daughter?
If your boss hasn’t asked you to perform unusual tasks like these, you may want to count your blessings.
survey from CareerBuilder
shows that nearly one in four employees have had their bosses ask them to perform tasks unrelated to their jobs. Unfortunately for some, the tasks fell
far—very far—from their job descriptions.
The survey, which received more than 3,500 responses, asked employees about the most unusual requests they’ve received from their bosses. Here are some of
- Boss asked employee to remove her stitches.
- Boss asked employee to clip her dog’s nails.
- Boss asked employee to lend him money for a down payment on a car.
- Boss asked employee to “hook him up” with illegal substances.
- Boss asked employee to be a surrogate mother for her—more than once.
- Boss asked employee to come up with a science fair project for her daughter.
You’re feeling pretty good about your boss right now, aren’t you?
Popularity: This record has been viewed 2996 times.
Ragan.com moderates comments and reserves the right to remove posts that are abusive or otherwise inappropriate.