How much time do B2B enterprise marketers spend engaging with industry-related content? What content do they consume and share? How do they describe their work on LinkedIn?
Kapost recently tackled these questions in a report examining the content habits of B2B enterprise marketers. The report was based on data from a survey of 105 marketers from companies with 1,000+ employees, as well as an in-depth qualitative and quantitative analysis of the LinkedIn profiles of 119 enterprise marketers.
Below, key findings from the research.
- The Harvard Business Review, MarketingProfs, and The Wall Street Journal are the most trusted news sources by respondents.
- Blogs are the industry-content type most consumed by respondents regularly (58% say they read); followed by infographics (48%) and whitepapers (48%).
- 10x as many respondents say they trust thought leaders compared with corporate blogs (41% vs. 4.1%).
- Respondents prefer to use email to share (77%) and receive (69%) content.
- 91% B2B enterprise marketers regularly use LinkedIn for professional content; 64% visit online news sites; 29% use Twitter; 27% Facebook.
- More than half (53%) of B2B enterprise marketers spend fewer than two hours a day engaging with industry content. Moreover, 31% say they probably overestimate how much time they spend with this sort of content.
- The four most popular words used by B2B enterprise marketers in their job titles—other than expected terms such as “marketing,” “manager,” or “director”—are “content,” “global,” “social,” and “digital.”
- Other words commonly used by B2B marketers in their LinkedIn job titles include: “communications,” “strategist,” “solutions,” and “technology.”
- When B2B marketers take new jobs, they are increasingly using the words “content” and “digital” to describe their roles.
For more insights from the report, check out the infographic:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 105 marketers from companies with 1,000+ employees, as well as an in-depth qualitative and quantitative analysis of the LinkedIn profiles of 119 enterprise marketers.
Ayaz Nanji is an independent digital strategist and the co-founder of Inbound ContentWorks, a marketing agency that specializes in content creation for businesses and brands. He is also a research writer for MarketingProfs. His past experience includes working for Google/YouTube, the Travel Channel, AOL, and the New York Times.
LinkedIn: Ayaz Nanji