The new streaming video platform Blab is all the rage. Is it really this good? Is it going to “stick” or is it the Ello of the month?
I am going to say something that I have not said in a long time — this platform is a winner. In fact, this is the best social technology I have seen since Twitter.
I think the potential of this platform is vast. It’s easy, it’s collaborative, it’s real-time, it’s fun to the point of being addictive. It’s a content-creation machine. It’s a network of personal “television shows.” New users are already spending an average of one hour a day on this brand new forum.
The business case for Blab
Tom Webster and I hosted a global discussion on the potential and pitfalls of Blab and you’re going to love the extraordinary discussion in the video I have posted below. You are going to hear about …
- The reason Blab is the most exciting new technology in years.
- I want to share an extraordinary piece of content with you
- How Blab fits in the social eco-system and the “fourth wall” that is breaking new boundaries for customer engagement
- The financial power of Blab (comments by Michael Stelzner)
- Is there a place for brands on this format?
- Can the face-to-face nature of Blab help cut out the hate and bullying of social media?
- Blab and the “magic of live performance.” Can this be a trust accelerator for individuals? For brands? (Great commentary by Evan Duby)
- Why Blab may be the new salon … a place for deep commentary, for purpose, not positioning.
That is just a small sample of the absolutely fascinating conversation you are about to see. Check it out the possibilities, the fun, the intellectual stimulation of Blab. Watch our video:
A nice Blab starter guide from Social Media Examiner.
Top illustration courtesy Mars Dorian.