Sometimes simple is the best way to go, and while a lot of our desktops have pretty wallpapers and well placed skins, this one takes a simple motif and runs with it. It only displays the most basic information, and that’s all DeviantArt user sharmander3 needs. here’s how it’s all set up.
If you want to see your desktop featured here, you should submit it to our Desktop Showcase! Just post it to your Kinja blog with the tag “desktop showcase” and we’ll see it. Now, here’s what you’ll need to recreate this one for yourself:
- The White Stripe wallpaper from DeviantArt
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Big Red skin for Rainmeter by sharmander3, which comes with the Launchy skin shown above, power meter, Gmail monitor, time, date, and temperature displays.
- Stardock’s Objectdock on the right side of the screen
- The Amana Icons pack for the small icons in Objectdock
- RocketDock on the left side of the screen
- The Reflections Icon Set for RocketDock
- The notepad is a modified form of Moxx Pack Notes, but the config file is in the Big Red download above
It’s a lot of moving parts, but the end product looks fantastic, and we know it took a lot of work to make it happen. Thankfully sharmander3 put everything into that Rainmeter config ZIP above so the rest of us can get a head start. We actually stumbled on this desktop through another desktop submitted to our Flickr pool, but liked this one much better.
Do you have a good-looking, functional desktop of your own to show off? Share it with us! Post it to your personal Kinja blog using the tag Desktop Showcase or add it to our Lifehacker Desktop Show and Tell Flickr pool. Screenshots must be at least at least 640×360 and please include information about what you used, links to your wallpaper, skins, and themes, and any other relevant details. If your awesome desktop catches our eye, you might get featured!
Big Red | DeviantArt