Tibits, a wonderful vegetarian restaurant in the heart of London, has published its own book of delicious recipes, tibits at home, which includes fifty of their favourite recipes. We received the book recently and loved some of the recipes. So here’s a few they’ve shared to give you a taster:
A Creole recipe, created by Tibits’ London head chef
Preparation time: 30 minutes
200 g long grain rice
150 g aubergines
150 g butternut squash
150 g red and green peppers
150 g courgettes
2 garlic cloves
8 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
2 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp fresh thyme
2 bay leaves
1-2 tsp sambal oelek
200 g tomatoes
1. Cook the rice in saltwater, for about 20 minutes.
2. Wash the vegetables and chop into 1.5 cm dice.
3. Finely chop the onion and cut the garlic into fine slices. Stir-fry the garlic, onion and vegetables in the rapeseed oil for 7-9 minutes. Then add the spices and cook until the vegetables are tender but firm.
4. Drain the rice, add to the vegetables and mix well.
5. Wash the tomatoes, chop into 1.5 cm dice and scatter over the dish, just before serving.
TIP: you can also use different vegetables like snow peas, okra, green beans or maize.