So I have this problem.
With every client I meet, every class I teach, and every speech I give, there is always a group of people who desperately need to understand social media marketing but don’t have the time to do it. Let’s face it … this can be overwhelming.
This is a real dilemma because typically my time with these clients is short and the customer needs are great, so I challenged myself — If I only had ONE HOUR to teach a group of business executives and leave them feeling confident about moving forward with social media, what would I possibly say?
Over more than two years, I figured it out … and then polished and refined this approach into a battle-tested presentation. This unique perspective has earned rave reviews from thousands of executives and now I have turned this concept into a book, which I am proud to say is available on Amazon starting today: Social Media Explained: Untangling the World’s Most Misunderstood Business Trend.
If you are thinking to yourself, “This world does NOT need another social media book,” you’re partially correct. But this is not just another social media book. In fact, I guarantee you have never seen a book quite like this.
You see, to LEAD a marketing department you don’t have to be a social media expert. You don’t need to know the latest twist in Facebook’s EdgeRank algorithm or even how to set up a Twitter account. But you do need to know enough to ask the right questions. That’s what marketing leadership is all about. And after reading this book you will know those questions!
This is an entirely new approach to explaining social media. There are no impressive lists of figures to scare you into action. There is no guilt trip or heavy sales pitch. In fact, there is no convincing at all. This entertaining book simply explains the psychological and sociological underpinnings of the social media revolution to help you figure out where all of this fits for your company. And then, you can make your own decisions.
Here are the key deliverables of Social Media Explained:
- An enlightening examination of the five foundational principles of social media. If you understand these ideas, you can handle anything they throw at you.
- The five biggest social media questions facing every single company. You’re the leader. You need the answers. Here they are.
- At the end of each chapter there is a list of the key questions you need to be asking to effectively guide a strategy.
- The final section is a pithy overview of the main social media platforms. Just enough so you can hold a conversation if you need to.
And did I mention there are drawings? Yes, there are little doodles by Joey Strawn to help entertain you along the way.
I kept the book short (130 pages) and the price low (less than coffee with a friend at Starbucks) so that this can be enjoyed by anyone who needs this valuable guide. Here are the people who can benefit most from this book:
- Are you leading a marketing, advertising, or PR agency and you’re frustrated because your clients “don’t get it?” Buy this book for them and then they’ll have a more realistic expectation of what you can deliver and why.
- If you are a senior marketing person who needs to understand social media and fast, this is the guide you have been waiting for!
- Anybody who is starting or leading a small business and is trying to figure out how to make an entrance on the social web — relief is here!
- Students trying to understand the fundamentals in a way that will help you make an impact now.
I’m really excited to finally get this book into your hands because I know this will have an impact on your business. It will help you. It will entertain you. Maybe it will even challenge you. Check it out and let me know what you think!
By the way, this book has been first-released in a paper version but will be available on a Kindle version in a few weeks.