Some tips you’ve heard a thousand times, while others may be new. Either way, commit them to memory before you start working on that résumé.
- Use a 9-12 point font.
- Use traditional fonts like Times New Roman or Helvetica.
- Don’t list an immature email address. (Born2Party88@hotmail.com won’t impress anyone.)
That is all sound advice, and you’d be wise to heed it. But there are a few other lesser-known résumé tips you should be aware of, too.
An infographic from CollegeAtlas.org can help you out. Its list of résumé dos and don’ts includes the basics tips above, as well as some advice you may not know about or forgot since you last drafted a résumé.
Here are a few of those lesser-known tips:
- You can use color on your résumé. (Just use it wisely.)
- Do not list your GPA if it is below 3.5.
- Don’t use more than six or seven bullet points per section.
- You should avoid filler words like “the,” “and,” and “a.”
Take a look at the graphic for more:
Popularity: This record has been viewed 55 times.
Ragan.com moderates comments and reserves the right to remove posts that are abusive or otherwise inappropriate.