In our continued effort to provide “snackable” tidbits of information to share with your audience via social media, we’ve collected another 10 interesting holiday fun facts for you to share. You may remember our list from 2014 as it was one of our most popular posts from last year’s holiday season.
This year we’ve dived back in and found some facts that will bring a smile to your face while others will leave you scratching your head. Simply click the Tweet button next to the fact to post it on Twitter or copy and share on your other social networks.
1. In 2014, 40% of holiday shopping occurred online. (Google)
2. In 2015, five million Americans finished their holiday shopping before the end of summer. (CreditCards.com)
3. $ 2.4 Billion was spent online during Black Friday in 2014. (Adobe)
4. Americans purchase nearly 600 million pounds of candy each year for Halloween. (visually)
5. People spent an average of $ 126.68 on holiday gifts for themselves in 2014. (National Retail Federation)
6. More than 50 million people watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV. (Macy’s)
7. Americans spent an estimated $ 6.6 Billion on food for 4th of July in 2015. (National Retail Federation)
8. 53% of those that shopped online in 2014 used smartphones or tablets, up from 41% in 2013. (Google)
9. More than 4 in 10 consumers will do the majority of shopping in December or later (Deloitte).
10. There are approximately 25-30 million Real Christmas Trees sold in the U.S. every year. (NCTA)
So now you can dazzle your Twitter followers with your vast knowledge of the holidays. If you’re interested in learning more about holiday marketing for your business, hop on over to our ‘Everything Holiday’ website and get in front of the holiday rush.
© 2015, VerticalResponse Blog. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.