Did you know about that in some countries there are more women Instagram users than men? Nitrogram: Analytics on Instagram made an Infographic with data about gender on Instagram.
Here are some of its findings:
- South-East Asia and Russia show a strong adoption by women. Thailand is the most women-dominated country with 65% of women
- Instagram is a man’s world in the Middle East and India. Saudi Arabia has 85% men!
- There are more men among top accounts (59% of Instagram users with over 10k followers are men)
- …but A-Listers are more equally split: 54% men vs 46% women among accounts with over 1 Million followers
- Top brands are followed by slightly more women than men (53% of top brands’ followers are women)
- Top brands with the “manliest” audience: Energy drinks and sports
- Top brands with the “most girly” audience: Cosmetics and fashion