It’s pretty hard to get into the Christmas mood when everything outside your house isn’t pearly white. So I thought I would spread a bit holiday spirit by showing people how various cultures around the world celebrate Christmas.
- The first Christmas: December 25, 336, is the first recorded celebration.
- 13th Century: Christians began to sing Christmas carols.
- Did you know, people in Ukraine decorate their Christmas trees with artificial spiders and cobwebs?
- 832 – the number of homes Santa visits every second to deliver all his presents
- 1 in 10 – the number of the presents received that will be broken by the New Year
- Christmas World Record: The world’s largest Christmas present was the Statue of Liberty. The French gave it to the US in 1886. It stands 151 feet 1 inch high and weighs 225 tons.
Infographic source: Christian Universities Online