In the checkout stand at the grocery store, the front page of a publication is what grabs a reader’s attention. Online, headlines and high-quality images are still valuable, but the homepage is not always a reader’s first point of entry. Social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ also play their part in distributing the news.
Do social shares actually lead to more page views? According to the FT.com from social media sites has grown by 20 percent. That’s faster than any other traffic source, according to the publisher.they do. In the last six months, referral traffic to
The Financial Times reaches 3.9 million readers around the world on social media channels, 49 percent of whom are in the UK or the US, with the remaining 51 percent from other countries.
New Career Opportunities Daily: The best jobs in media.