Everyone loves a deal. This infographic from the folks at Vouchercloud outlines the growth in digital coupons, who’s using them and how they’re being used. Here are some highlights:
- The use of coupons during a shopping experience has risen from 63% to 92% in just the past five years, and a lot of this growth has been driven by online coupons.
- Consumers have greater access to online coupons through email, shared through social media, and online via a plethora of coupon-specific websites.
- 93% of coupon users say they’ll be very likely to use a coupon they receive in an email.
- Not only has their access to coupons grown significantly, but how they fulfill them has changed as well. It’s estimated that 74.1 million consumers will use their smartphone and 68.7 million will use their tablet to present their coupon to a business.
- Who are these people that using are using coupons? It’s really not a specific group. It’s split almost 50/50 between men and women. The age of users doesn’t vary much whether they’re 18, 30, 40 or 60 years of age. However, there are some coupons that are more popular than others.
- Groceries, personal care products, and dining are the most popular coupon searches, followed closely by clothing, entertainment, pets and electronics.
So, we’ve got more people using coupons, using them in different ways, and across a variety of demographics, but do they work? The short answer is YES!
- The vast majority of coupon users say that they’ll visit a retailer again because of being offered a coupon.
- More than half said they would not have made that purchase unless they had a coupon.
Check out this infographic that explains how digital coupons can attract new customers and encourage existing customers to return.
Want more marketing tips and advice? Get the VR Buzz delivered daily.
© 2014, VR Marketing Blog. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.