From the whole team at Crowdcentric, our global partner Nokia, supporting global sponsors Spotify and Prodigy Network, and on behalf of each of our Local City Organizers, we wanted to say thank you for yet another successful Social Media Week. Over 800 events took place in eight cities, with more than 25,000 people attending events and hundreds of thousands connecting online and through our mobile app.
Just a few highlights from the week that was SMW14:
- + Lagos kicked off the week with a beach party.
- + Hamburg sent a Social Traveler on his way toward Copenhagen.
- + New York unveiled its new Campus experience.
- + Milan joined New York in the conversation around changing the world through sex with Cindy Gallop, who spoke in both cities.
- + Kenyatta Cheese tackled memes in Milan.
- + Bangalore highlighted the power of educated and empowered females and launched Your Wish Is My App.
- + Barcelona showcased the art of social with Haikurts and explored how police can mobilize citizen support with social media.
- + The UN got involved in Copenhagen, while Vice threw one epic concert there.
- + Startups battled it out at pitch events in Lagos and New York.
- + Throughout each city, music (and Spotify) played a central role in shaping the experience from Tokyo to Bangalore to New York.
As always, it was a week to remember. As we reflect back on all that SMW14 was, we want your feedback. We want to continually improve with each edition of SMW, making it better for you each time.
Please take 5 minutes to complete our survey here — we’ll be giving away a prize pack, allowing you a chance to win either a Nokia Icon or Lumia 1520 plus, Purity Monster In-Ear Headphones and a FitBit.
Thank you again — for your time, for your participation, and for being a part of SMW14.
A very special thank you to our Local City Organizers; our Global Headline Sponsor, Nokia; and supporting global sponsors, Spotify and Prodigy Network. We want to give credit where credit is due, and SMW wouldn’t be what it is without them.