Do you announce bath time using the following song “Let’s take a bath. A lovely bubbly bath,” a la the Disney Channel? Then this 12 Most post is for you!
You’ll know it’s time to put away the remote and head for nap time if you relate to these signs that you’re watching too much toddler television:
1. You have Googled extensively to find out what happened to Steve from Blues Clues
2. You quote Dora’s backpack when you’re cooking: “Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum. Delicioso!
3. You find yourself in deep conversation with your spouse about things like Goofy and Pluto are both dogs, but one can talk and one can’t, and why is Caillou bald if he is four years old?
4. You’ve finally accepted that Peter Pan is not a regular on Jake and The Neverland Pirates
5. When your two-year-old points to the computer and says “Numbers!,” you immediately rattle off “Charlie and the Numbers? Numtums? Numberjacks? Or Tutitu Numbers?”
6. You sing certain kids’ show theme songs using the appropriate British accent when applicable (and are often mistaken for a drunken Nanny McFee)
7. You can name three or more Amazon Prime obscure kids pilots such as Joe B. and G. Raffe, Tumble Leaf and Wishenpoof
8. You pay $ 6 a month extra for Sprout because that is the only way to get your Fireman Sam fix
9. You have found yourself wishing Vera Bradley would adopt some of Milli’s dress patterns from UmiZoomi for their bags
10. You sing the alphabet to your kids not in the traditional tune, but “Alpha-Pig Style”
11. You’ve done intense voice analysis in your head to cross-reference voices from “Wow Wow Wubbzy” with potential duplicate voices on ‘Julius Junior”
12. You’ve watched enough Curious George to know that closed captioning prefers to describe his noise as “chortling”
Can you relate? The good news is that your kids will grow out of this TV phase. There’s light at the end of the remote.
Photo credit: Big Stock Photos