From bikinis and bow ties to snorkels and stilettos, you can tell a lot about a person by what they take on holiday.
Whether it’s a Caribbean chill out, a stateside adventure, or fun in the Far East, find out where you should go based on your packing habits by clicking on www.virginatlantic.com/ letitfly. Pack your dream bag and Virgin Atlantic will plan the perfect trip giving advice on where to go, what to see, where to eat and what to do. We will even show you live tweets from the destination and a totally unique, personal film to put you in the mood to fly.
Although flip flops, sunglasses, guidebooks and towels are definitely amongst the most popular items to pack Virgin Atlantic has also investigated some of the stranger items that travellers have tried to take on board. Read on to find out some of the more unusual items that have been brought to the check in desk….
1) A lady had her whole family carry her bath tub through the airport at JFK expecting the item to be checked in – it wasn’t even wrapped or packaged – she just turned up with it at the check in desk.
2) One gentleman tried to check in a full size mattress at Atlanta airport. His hotel bed was so comfy he bought it and wanted to bring it home
3) One lady tried to bring a car door home with her from Orlando….
4) One passenger turned up at check in with a bag of frozen crabs and a freeze dried blow fish
5) One lady tried to bring her pet tarantula on board, hidden inside her coat at JFK airport.
6) One family tried to check in a dead cow wrapped in plastic at JFK airport.
7) A couple who fell in love on the island of Grenada decided to try and check in a bag full of sand, shells and sea water as a memory from the island they met and fell in love on.
Click on www.virginatlantic.com/ letitfly to pack your bag and see where you’ll end up!