Why a Valentine’s Day Promotion?
Did you know that 90 percent of Valentine’s Day gifts are purchased within three weeks of the holiday? This means that there’s still time to build a quick promotion to honor the special day! Valentine’s Day is a good time to run a promotion because there are a variety of ways to include all of your followers, even if they’re single and not necessarily celebrating the day with someone special.
We looked at our numbers from the last four years and noticed a bump in the number of people visiting Campaigns and entering during holidays, such as Valentine’s Day.
Ideas for Valentine’s Day Promotions
1. Offer a Valentine’s Day themed prize. It’s one thing to have a Valentine’s Day themed promotion but make sure your prize is related to the holiday and relevant to your business. as well. In other words, if you can’t figure out a way to tie your business to the holiday, you may want to rethink running a promotion on this day.
2. Think of different ways to show the love. A popular way for brands to take advantage of Valentine’s Day is to use it to show their fans how much they appreciate them. We’ve seen everything from free giveaways to tribute videos.
3. Consider a multi-day giveaway. A multi-day giveaway give your fans more chances to enter and more time to share. A popular giveaway during Christmas time is an advent calendar and counting down to a Valentine’s Day giveaway can be just as engaging.
4. Collect email addresses from entrants. Make sure you’re collecting email addresses from your entrants and you have a follow-up email marketing strategy set in place to continue to communicate with entrants after the promotion ends. ShortStack integrates with Mailchimp, Aweber, Salesforce, Constant Contact, Highrise and Webhooks so you can collect email addresses straight into your existing email marketing platform.
5. Integrate other social channels. While any promotion can be hosted on Facebook, consider adding elements that allow your Twitter and/or Instagram followers to enter as well. Add a hashtag to your Campaign or make your Campaign Instagram or Twitter specific.
Templates that can help you build a Valentine’s Day promotion
Example of Valentine’s Day Promotion
Fashion World is a clothes shop in England that’s offering up two chances for their followers to win Valentine’s Day themed prizes. Their promotion is well built, easy to enter, and they offer two prizes that have different themes. You can enter to win a romantic night in or a cozy night in so that fans can pick to enter what fits them best!