Keep your social media posts on the right side of the law with help from this April webinar.
Posted: February 27, 2014
Social media managers, you work hard to plan posts, deliver strong content and engage your communities.
But sometimes you second guess whether publishing that post, comment, podcast, curated article or other online piece was a good idea. Even your best intentions can land you in legal hot water.
Join us for the new PR Daily webinar, “Social media and the law: A primer for community managers,” airing Wednesday, April 9, at 2 p.m. CST. Community Management Expert Steve Jacobs will teach you how to stay on the right side of social media law, and share lessons from his days as legal deputy of the community management department at 360i.
Jacobs will discuss:
- Copyright, trademark and right-of-publicity law basics you must know.
- What the First Amendment does—and does—not cover.
- Pitfalls of the top four social media platforms and how to avoid them.
- Why “fair use” doesn’t cover as much as you think.
- When you need a lawyer’s input.
- Brands who have made legal mistakes.
- Best practices for brand-on-brand interactions.
- . . . and more
Every social media manager should attend this webinar. Reserve your seat now!
Popularity: This record has been viewed 557 times.
Ragan.com moderates comments and reserves the right to remove posts that are abusive or otherwise inappropriate.