Summer brings warm weather and fun outdoors, but it also offers a number of challenges. Grant Thompson, the “King of Random,” offers up 10 great life hacks to make your time outdoors even better.
The video demonstrates all the great tips in just a few minutes, some of which we’ve featured before:
- Fill a Water Bottle Half Way and Freeze it For Always Icy Drinks: If you fill up a water bottle about half way, so when you lay it on its side the water rests just below the neck, you can stick it in the freezer to have ice inside, ready to go, as needed. Just fill the rest up with water when you want a cold drink and you’ll never have to take a warm water bottle with you again.
- Kill Ants Safely with Cornmeal: Ants come out to play in the summer, too, but that doesn’t mean you want them around. If you want a chemical-free method that will dispose of said ants, just use some cornmeal.
- Thread a Straw Through the Tab on a Soda Can to Keep It from Rising: Plastic straws like to float in soda, but you can keep them at the bottom of the can where they belong by using the can’s tab to hold them in place.
- Use a Cupcake Liner to Catch Popsicle Drips and Keep Your Hands Clean: Popsicles make for a nice, cool treat in the heat, but they like to drip if you don’t eat them fast enough. To keep your hands clean, just slide a cupcake/muffin liner beneath the base to catch the wet sugar.
- Use a Muffin Tin to Dish Out Condiments at Your Next Backyard BBQ: When you have tons of condiments at a cookout, the array of bottles and jars can confuse. Instead, just stick them all in a muffin tin so everyone can quickly find and take what they need.
You get five more tips in the video (above) and on the original Instructables post, so be sure to check those out for more ways to hack your summer.
10 Life Hacks You Need To Know For a Better Summer! | Instructables