Want to stick to your New Year’s goals? Our friends at Happify shared their latest infographic, which covers the science of New Year’s resolutions.
Stats in the graphic show:
The Top 5 New Year’s Resolutions are:
- Lose weight
- Get organized
- Spend less, save more
- Enjoy life to the fullest
- Stay fit and healthy
- 51% of Americans want to lose weight but only 26% are actually trying
- 51% percent of people who made a financial resolution felt better off financially a year later, while 38% of people who did not make a financial resolution felt better off.
- It can take anywhere from 15 to 254 days to form a new habit
- Mutual goals are more effective.
- 43% of married people who followed a fitness program by themselves dropped out
- Only 6 percent of married people who followed the program together dropped out