Spring is on its way, and a lot of Spring recreation items are going on sale. Here are some of the best things to buy this month.
Every month, we look back at the best times to buy anything during the year, and pull out items each month to remind you what’s coming. Obviously, none of this is to say you should go on a shopping spree—but if you’ve been holding off for a lower price on something, these are the things that get the sale treatment in February.
- Boats: If you’re looking to get your sea legs, now’s a good time to start looking at boats. This is for a number of reasons, as the folks over at Boatline and Bankrate suggest: First; it’s boat show season, which means that you can buy used boats at discounted prices while everyone gets excited for the new models. And second; it’s the off season in many parts of the country—not a lot of people take their boats out in the dead of winter—so demand is down, along with prices.
- Computer Monitors: Black Friday isn’t the only time to grab cheap computer monitors. January and February are inventory clearance time, according to CNET, which means that you’re going to find some nice sales as manufacturers clear the way for other models. Check out our guide on picking the best monitor to find the right one for you.
- Gas Grills & Air Conditioners: If you live in a colder area, February is a trying month. Luckily, summer-centric products like grills and air conditioners are quite a bit cheaper, says Bankrate, since no one else is really looking to get one. If you’re in the market, now’s a good time to grab.
- Wedding Supplies: Like grills, everyone is waiting for the spring to plan their wedding—which means it’s much easier to find a venue and negotiate prices this month, before the nice weather hits. Maybe an indoor wedding is right for you instead. While you’re at it, check out this list of other ways to save on your wedding.
- Winter Coats & Clothing: For obvious reasons, the later you get into winter, the cheaper winter clothing gets. If you can wait until the end of the season, both TIME and Dealnews agree: you can find some nice discounts.
- Chocolate: For obvious reasons, Valentines-themed chocolate goes on sale after Valentine’s day, so you can stock up for cheap. If you miss out, wait until Easter passes by, then grab yourself some cheap chocolate rabbits.
- Frozen Foods: As silly as it sounds, March is National Frozen Food Month, which means you’re likely to find some deals in the frozen food section at your local grocery store. Since frozen food lasts a long time—and since frozen produce is often just as nutritious as fresh—now would be the time to stock up. Just make sure you’re storing everything properly.
- Golf Clubs: Spring is on the way, which means new golf clubs are coming out, says LIVESTRONG and SaveAMillionShots.com. If you can deal with having last year’s models, you can nab them for a cheaper price as the pro shop clears them out. Keep an eye out around Father’s Day, too, when golf clubs tend to go on sale.
- Luggage: Dealnews found that March is a good time to pick up travel gear at a discount, likely because its between vacation seasons. If your old bags are starting to feel a little worn, now’s a good time to prepare for your spring and summer vacations.
We’ll be posting updates for you guys every month, so you’re aware of the deals going on all year round. If you’re curious to see what’s coming up, you can always check out our full best time to buy guide to see the entire year at a glance. And, if you know of any deals we didn’t mention, share them in the comments below.