Earlier this year, Twitter and Market Probe International released a research study about how Twitter drives growth for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). They found that 72 percent of those surveyed were more likely to make a purchase from an SMB after they started following the company on Twitter, and 82 percent were more likely to suggest the SMB to friends. The survey also illustrated that 85 percent of participants felt a more connected, personalized experience with SMBs after following them on Twitter. The data points found in the survey are insightful, but the truth behind the data is that it takes effort and value to gain followers, and keep them. If your company wants to increase its Twitter following and engage with consumers but isn’t entirely sure how to get started or what conversations to share, check out the following SMB Twitter influencers for tips, advice and best practices. These accounts are great resources on everything SMB-related.
- Anita Campbell @smallbiztrends: Tweets from the Small Business Trends community and its CEO, Anita Campbell, who is also CEO of @BizSugar and A Forbes top influential woman for entrepreneurs.
- Chase Small Business @ChaseSmallBiz: The official small business Twitter page of Chase, dedicated to help SMBs focus on the growth and success of their business.
- Fox Small Business @fbsmallbiz: This is a great resource for tips and best practices to help SMBs run their businesses better, while learning from other entrepreneurs.
- AX OPEN Forum @OPENForum: This is the official American Express OPEN forum where SMBs can collectively tap into other business owners for advice, best practices and open conversations.
- SBA @SBAgov: The official Twitter account of the U.S. Small Business Administration provides news, tips, andresources for the small biz community.
- NYT Small Business @NYTSmallBiz: A place where small-business owners can compare notes, ask questions, get advice and learn from one another’s mistakes.
- Melinda Emerson @SmallBizLady: Ranked one of Forbes’ most influential woman for entrepreneurs, host #SmallBizChat, author of Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months and an expert resource on start-up, social media and reinventing a business.
- Ramon Ray @ramonray: A marketing and technology evangelist, reporter for Smallbiztechnology.com and a fan of anything small business related.
Which SMB Twitter influencers does your company follow?