Seventy-five percent of content marketers say they don’t have time to create original content. If this sounds like you, content curation may be a helpful alternative.
as much information as we did from the dawn of civilization up until 2003.”
That is an enormous amount of content, to say the least.
Regularly producing original content for a company isn’t easy. In fact, an infographic from Uberflip says
finding the time to create original content is the top challenge for 75 percent of content marketers. The solution? The graphic recommends content
curation, or repurposing existing content.
Apart from saving time, here are some of the top reasons content marketers turn to curation:
- To establish thought leadership (85 percent)
- To increase brand visibility (80 percent)
- To boost search engine optimization (65 percent)
And with all the content that’s available, you have a lot of material to work with:
- YouTube users upload 72 hours of video per minute.
- Tumblr users share 2.3 million new posts every hour.
- Twitter users send 140 million tweets every day.
- Facebook users share 25 billion pieces of content every month.
For more reasons why you should curate content, as well as some helpful tools, check out the full graphic:
Popularity: This record has been viewed 210 times.
Ragan.com moderates comments and reserves the right to remove posts that are abusive or otherwise inappropriate.