This infographic reports that 50 percent of employees who have a best friend at work say they feel a strong connection to their company.
Well, an infographic from Officevibe contends you shouldn’t feel guilty for making friends with and spending time with co-workers during the workday. In fact, it argues that office friendships are directly linked with employee engagement and productivity.
Here are a few supporting statistics:
- Fifty percent of employees who said they have a best friend at work reported feeling a strong connection with their company.
- Seventy-four percent of women and 58 percent of men say they would turn down a higher-paying job if it meant they wouldn’t get along with their co-workers.
- Employees with a best friend at work are 1.4 times more likely than workers without a best friend at work to have received praise in the last seven days.
- Seventy percent of employees believe having friends at work is the most crucial element of a happy work life.
- One-third of adults have met at least one of their closest friends through work.
Want more reasons why work friendships are important? Check out the infographic:
Popularity: This record has been viewed 4649 times.
Ragan.com moderates comments and reserves the right to remove posts that are abusive or otherwise inappropriate.