LinkedIn has put together a great infographic a few weeks ago showing how the workplaces has changed over the years. This week, I would like to share this infographic with you. Everyone is aware that as the technology evolves, our lives evolve with it. Especially, after the mid-90s, the way we communicate and work started to change dramatically.
Do you remember the days where you buy a newspaper to look at the job posts or mail your resume via USPS? How many of you were carrying an agenda in your suitcases to arrange your day? Well, those days are not very far. 20-25 years ago, our lives were much different than today. Look at the below infographic to see how the office life was then and how it is now.
- We used to sit on uncomfortable chairs in rooms. Nowadays, many offices have open plans for employees to work together along with rooms where you can sit on a bean bag chair to work more comfortably.
- Many offices have play rooms where you can find a play station or a guitar hero game. You can relax and have a little fun in these types of rooms. Moreover, this makes the office a cooler place to work!
- Perks have changed over time. Instead of giving out sandwich and chips, some employers hire chefs now to provide their employees the best lunch possible.
- Time planning has definitely changed! Who doesn’t use an Outlook or Google Calendar to arrange their meetings?
- The life of the recruiters changed radically. Instead of posting the ads to newspapers and collecting resumes from the mail in order to call the candidates, they post the jobs online and monitor everything automatically.
- Finally, keeping in touch is definitely much easier, especially with the new people we meet. Instead of collecting hundreds of business cards, we can connect with them through multiple social media channels.