Adobe conducted an online survey of over 1,000 U.S. marketers, and what they found might surprise you. Some of the survey’s key findings include:
- The majority of marketers say they know they should “think social first,” but don’t.
- Forty percent of marketers want to reinvent their roles as marketers, but only 14 percent believe they know how.
- Fifty-four percent believe marketers should be risk takers, but 25 percent describe themselves as cautious.
- Seventy-six percent of marketers say big data is important to success, but most aren’t using it to make informed decisions, “trusting [their] gut” instead.
- Key obstacles for most marketers is a lack of training and their organization’s inability to adapt.
- Sixty-one percent say social media will be the most critical marketing vehicle a year from now, followed by mobile. Most marketers cite personalization as their company’s biggest priority moving forward.
- Digital and social marketers are the most attractive new hires.
See the Slideshare presentation below for the full study.
Marketers: What’s the biggest challenge you’re facing with digital media?
New Career Opportunities Daily: The best jobs in media.