Disclaimer: I was compensated for this post, however, all of the opinions expressed belong to me and are not indicative of the brand(s) mentioned.
Technology is amazing, but it is especially awesome when it can educate your child and help them learn. With the help of the iPad and smartphones, today’s kids are being exposed to educational items earlier than ever before. And because I am a proponent of the digital lifestyle that helps families connect and grow, I am always on the lookout for fun and interesting apps that can assist kids with their learning while encouraging them to have fun. That is where Just Jesse the Jack comes in!
Just Jesse the Jack’s ABC Zoo App and iBook is a tool to help your small child learn their ABC’s. It is totally interactive and pairs letters with animals and colors to help them learn in a fun way. The colors help with association and memory, and Just Jesse the Jack’s storyline follows his adventure through the zoo, allowing for an educational experience your child will love.
Here’s a more thorough description of the ABC Zoo app:
- Narration: The iBook has touch narration that allows children to replay any words or sentences they need help with reading or pronouncing. Narration is both soothing and positive and can be turned on/off.
- Two modes: The app has two modes: story and play. Story mode involves various animations and illustrations, and has real animal sounds to allow children to learn and identify the correct sound of the animal. Play modes gives children a “fill in the shape” game where they have to match the animal and letter to its corresponding silhouette.
- Positive reinforcement: Correct answers are rewarded with “Jesse treats.” For every two Jesse treats earned, children will be directed to a page of 12 different Jesse tricks – from Jesse driving an ATV to Jesse riding a scooter.
- Music: Street performer Dub FX and his wife, Flower Fairy, produced soothing yet upbeat music for the app that is heard in both story and play modes.
- Jesse Tricks: Video of Jesse performing tricks is showcased throughout.
- Eye-catching graphics: Sharp colors are used in the animations and illustrations to assist with holding children’s attention and focus as well as inspiring creativity.
Just Jesse the Jack’s ABC Zoo App and iBook is available on iOS for $ 1.99 and $ .99 and is recommended for children aged 2-6. An Android version will be available in early 2015. The app was created by Best Buddies Learning.
Just Jesse the Jack is a celebrity Jack Russell Terrier who has appeared on Good Morning America, Late Night with David Letterman, Animal Planet, Disney, and more. Jesse the Jack also has a popular You Tube Channel with over 30 million page views and over 90,000 subscribers. He’s a popular pooch!
Just Jesse the Jack’s ABC Zoo App and iBook is an awesome way to help your child learn the alphabet while having fun. It is available now for download here.