There are hundreds of thousands of locations where your content can be shared, and no one has the time to post content everywhere. IFTTT, an acronym for the common formula “If This, Then That”, automates services between online apps, allowing multiple apps and channels to talk to each other.
IFTTT makes social media platforms and other apps work together the way we wish they did by using something called “recipes”. Learn how to use IFTTT for your content sharing in this video, from the new series BrainCandy:
To start sharing your content more easily, follow these steps:
- Create a recipe by visiting www.ifttt.com and create an account.
- Then choose “Create a Recipe”.
- Pick the desired social media channel.
- Click “activate”.
- Allow If This Then That to access the “Channel”.
- Continue through to the next step.
- Choose a “Trigger”.
- Press “Create Trigger”.
- Choose “THAT” and decide what you would like to happen.
- Select “Create Action”.
BrainCandy is a series of 60 second videos, which explain the hidden features of everyday platforms, as well as little-known tech tips, tricks and hacks to help digital professionals live better and work smarter.
To view more BrainCandy videos, visit: http://socialmediaweek.org/braincandy
Sign up here to receive the weekly BrainCandy newsletter with five new videos designed to help you win the Internet. Be better at tech, with BrainCandy!