Microneedling has 2 main benefits: it stimulates epidermal growth factors to boost collagen and elastin that plump and firm skin and; increases absorption of active ingredients by 80 percent, making this procedure one of the most powerful and effective ways to stop early signs of aging and prevent new fine lines and wrinkles from occurring.
With the right corrective serums, Microneedling will brighten your skin to create a dewy youthful glow that you just can’t get from other products or at home treatments.
Other benefits you can enjoy from microneedling include a decrease in fine lines, sun damage, acne scars, and age spots.
Microneedling using .2mm needles is pain free and highly effective at home procedure with no downtime and results are seen instantly! You can also combine microneedling with a light peel or scrub prior to the dermal rolling once a week to optimize your results! The benefit to this is even greater exfoliation and uptake of nutrients.
However, to get these great results you have to microneedle correctly and safely. Below I have written a few of my simple steps for you to follow as you begin your home care microneedling treatments.
- The most important thing is to always use a microneedling device that has .2mm needles. These needles are small enough that your microneedling experience will be pain free but will also still prove to be highly effective. Needle sizes of .5mm or greater I always recommend seeing a professional.
- Make sure to always purchase your device from a reputable source or medical office. You don’t want a microneedle that could do more harm than good. Know your source and only shop from reputable places.
- I also suggest you microneedling 3 times a week when you first get your microneedle to test how your skin will react. If your skin shows no negative side effects you can increase your at home treatments to 5 times a week and then eventually everyday.
- Replace your microneedle every month for optimal results. The needles will dull and become significantly less effective.
- Never microneedle over acne or open sores. This could spread bacteria around the face.
- Only microneedle over the same area 2-4 times in one session
- Always apply your serum both before and after you microneedle for maximum absorption.
- Proper Rolling Technique:
- Apply serum
- Gently roll over skin vertically, horizontally and diagonally, rolling over each side of face, chin, lips, forehead and neck.
- Apply a 2nd layer of serum
- Apply moisturizer and SPF during the day.
- Sterilize the roller after each use in 91% alcohol, let it sit for 3-5 minutes and then allow to air dry before storing in its container. It is recommended to store the device in the original container to ensure it remains clean.
To get started with your home care microneedling, StackedSkincare has everything you need including instructions and unique product combinations “Stacked” for a glowing complexion.