The National Retail Federation recently released its 2014 Back-to-School survey projecting and portraying just how big the scholastic shopping season is. From how much money will be spent – a whopping $ 74.9 billion – to where, what, who, and how people will be shopping this year, the stats are valuable for every business to note.
Speaking of, we took notes for you and compiled the most interesting and useful stats from the back-to-school survey into this handy infographic. Here are some highlights:
- Majority of people (44.5 percent) shop for school supplies one month before school starts.
- 46 percent of people will shop for sales, and 26.6 percent will use coupons more often compared to last year.
- 25-34 year-olds will be the highest spending age group this year, averaging $ 822 per person.
- Back-to-school isn’t just for kiddos (see stat above): $ 20.15 billion will be spent on college gear, dorm items, food, personal care & gift cards.
- 37 percent of people will research school items on their smartphones – going mobile’s more important than ever.
- Shopping isn’t just for the ladies – Men will spend more than women this year, averaging $ 754 per guy, which is up 12 percent from last year.
Want more marketing tips and how-tos? Get the VR Buzz delivered daily.
© 2014, VR Marketing Blog. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):
The post An Eye-Opening Breakdown of Back-to-School Spending in 2014 [Infographic] appeared first on VR Marketing Blog.