From the whole team at Crowdcentric, our global partners Socialbakers and Meltwater, and on behalf of each of our Local City Organizers, we wanted to say thank you for yet another successful Social Media Week. Over 1,000 events took place in seven cities, with more than 25,000 people attending events and hundreds of thousands connecting online and through our mobile app.
As always, it was a week to remember. As we reflect back on our first worldwide event of 2015, we want your feedback. We want to continually improve with each edition of SMW, making it better for you each time.
Please take 5 minutes to complete our survey here. In exchange, you’ll be entered into a draw to win a $ 250 VISA Gift Card!
We’ll have more updates and recaps to share in the days/weeks to come, and of course we’ll be back for our next edition between June 8-12. Until then here are a just a few highlights from the week that was SMW15:
- In Hamburg, Professor Frauke Zeller took to the stage with hitchBOT, his cross-country hitch-hiking robot
- BuzzFeed’s International VP, Scott Lamb, shared his thoughts on stories you can’t resist sharing in Jakarta
- Lagos welcomed JayJay Okocha, Ex-Super Captain of Lagos Super Eagles, to discuss social media in Nigerian football
- Veronica Diquattro of Spotify Italy explored music discovery in the digital age in Milan
- Actress and comedian, Aditi Mittal, talked about social media bloopers in Bangalore
- Copenhagen’s Kasper Risbjerg of DigitasLBI gave a talk on employee advocacy
- Martha Stewart hosted (and won!) a drone-jousting competition in New York
Thank you again – for your time, for your participation, and for being a part of SMW15.
A very special thank you to our Local City Organizers; our Global Sponsors Socialbakers and Meltwater. SMW wouldn’t be what it is without them.