By this time, many businesses and digital marketers may have already realized that content marketing is not just some fad that you should do – because everyone else is doing it – but rather a very important strategic asset that will boost profitable results across all digital marketing channels.
2014 has been a big year for content marketing and current trends still point to an even bigger year, just like what Smart Insight’s highlighted placing content marketing as the most important marketing channel in the 2015 Digital Marketing Trends poll.
Businesses from all markets and verticals are making concrete plans for boosting their content marketing efforts, like B2B marketers increasing their content marketing budgets and creating more content than what they ever did before.
Even major brands are joining in the fray, with as much as 69% steadily increasing their content production and will continue to do so in 2015.
Other businesses should heed these trends and start performing concrete action towards a more robust content marketing plan – starting with these top trends to watch out this 2015.
Recommended for YouWebcast: Strategies, Tactics & Tools for Content Marketing in 2015
- Content Marketing Will Be More Targeted and Personal – Michael Brenner, Head of Strategy from NewsCred predicts:
“So content will become targeted and more personal! Content marketing will take a seat at the table, with budget and someone with authority to drive strategic content programmes.”
- Content Marketing will Use More Paid Placements – Native ads are better in generating higher engagement and as much as 82% in brand lift increase. On top of that, purchase intent can jump up to 53% higher when native advertising is used.
- Content Marketing will Use More Marketing Automation Tools – Digital marketers are starting to get more comfortable in using technology for their marketing, and by 2017 businesses are expected to spend more in this channel. As much as 40% of marketing leaders agree to the fact that they need to boost and improve their technologies.
- Content Marketing will Use More Professional Writers – Currently, many businesses have product managers creating their own content which keeps them away from performing their core duties in the business. With an editorial team, they can focus on creating top-notch content used for marketing that are fully optimized for better placements and engagement strategies.
- Content Marketing will Focus More on Distribution – Surprisingly, previous research indicate that only 26% of digital marketers are actually focusing and investing in distribution.
- Content Marketing will Marry Social Media Marketing – Social media is definitely not considered a mere fad at this point but as a very important distribution channel. 94% of marketers agree to its importance and by 2015 expect to see more businesses including social media in their content marketing mix.
- Content Marketing will Boom with Mobile Marketing – Mobile marketing is really big and integrating this in your content marketing mix will make your campaigns go boom with positive results. Just take for example the astronomical success of brands like Coca Cola, American Express, IBM and Red Bull.
- Content Marketing will Go Supernova with Visual Storytelling – Visual storytelling will definitely boost the chances of your content to stand out from the rest of the mundane contents and get the attention it deserves from targeted audiences.
Want more? Check the infographic below:
Embedded from CJG Digital Marketing.