In the last ten years, marketing has changed a lot. The industry now needs people who can do everything from crunch data to create media. To quantify it, there are seven skills all digital marketers need to succeed, according to today’s infographic (originally featured on Inc.com) by the form building platform Formstack.
If you’re wondering if you have the skills required to be a competitive digital marketer, review this list:
1. Analytics: Digital marketers must be able to interpret data reports and make decisions based on their findings.
2. Social Media: Digital marketers must be able to implement social strategies, quickly adopt new networks and stay at the cutting edge of social media.
3. Data Visualization: Have you ever taken a statistic, quote or another piece of information and made it into a visual piece of content? This is a new must-have skill for digital marketers.
4. Technical skills: Can you customize the look of your blog post using HTML? Or how about shoot and edit a video for Youtube? These are a some of the talents digital marketers must have to stay ahead.
5. Team Work: Creating and promoting a large online Campaign is tough to pull off solo. Digital marketers need to know how to work well with a team on many types of projects.
6. Newsjacking: Digital marketers must stay on top of breaking news stories in order to take advantage of fleeting marketing opportunities. Think Oreo’s tweet at the Super Bowl.
7. Soft Skills: Even in today’s tech-driven world, it’s key that digital marketers know how to build and maintain working relationships with others.
Readers, what other skills would you add to this list? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
P.S. Did you know that our CEO, Jim Belosic, is now a guest contributor for Inc.? You can check out his articles here.