As a skincare expert, I always get asked what are quick fixes for clear skin. Here are 5 of my favourite tips for keeping your complexion picture perfect all year long.
1. Do A Cleanse – Your liver and kidneys are the two organs that filter out toxins and impurities in the body – like the extra donut you indulged in or the one too many drinks you had last night. These two organs can become seriously overworked and can lead to breakouts and other skin issues. A simple dietary cleanse that cuts out sugars, dairy and alcohol specifically can really clear up your skin.
2. Sleep – A good night’s sleep is crucial for great skin. When you are sleep-deprived, your body makes more of the stress hormone cortisol and elevated levels of cortisol in your body can lead to inflammation. Inflammation is bad news for the skin because it can create acne breakouts, increase your skin sensitivity and trigger allergic reactions. Adequate sleep is also important because while you’re sleeping, the body’s hydration rebalances and your cells undergo a regeneration process which helps skin look best.
3. Exfoliate – This is a key to clear skin. It helps reduce acne and blackhead breakouts and also speeds up the skin cell renewal process leading to brighter and smoother looking skin. As we age, our skin also becomes drier and less elastic, which can increase the appearance and occurrence of fine lines and wrinkles. Exfoliating twice weekly will keep skin renewed while removing the dead skin cells that clog the skin and leave it looking dull.
4. Eat Your Omegas – Omega-3 fats can actually keep your skin cells full of moisture, which in turn will lessen the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. The other benefit is that omega-3 fats are said to have anti-inflammatory effects that may help to calm red or irritated skin.
5. Get The Right Treatments – There are so many treatments you can opt for today from a qualified esthetician, but only certain ones will really transform the look of your skin. I created a treatment called “Stacked” that layers numerous treatments together to create the ultimate results. Make sure that what you are investing in will give you the results you want. I recommend asking your skincare expert to layer treatments such as peels or microderm together – you will notice the difference!