Since email was born just over two decades ago, it has worked its way into millions of people’s daily routines. In fact, almost half of Internet users in the United States spend an hour or more reading their email every day, according to a recent report by myMail, a free mobile application that allows individuals to monitor all of their email addresses through a single inbox. With the rest of their study’s findings, myMail created an infographic styled in the form of an open letter to Email.
If you’ve ever thought email was dead, here are just a handful of the stats they share that will be sure to change your outlook:
• 74% of survey respondents reported they check their email first thing in the morning. [Tweet]
• 90% of survey respondents reported they compulsively check their email. [Tweet]
• 33% of survey respondents reported they check their during movies. [Tweet]
• 77% of survey respondents check email on personal purposes. [Tweet]
• 43% of survey respondents check email to get information about products they’re interested in. [Tweet]
• 42% of survey respondents check email to get information about discounts. [Tweet]
Readers, are your email marketing efforts more, less or just as important as your social media marketing efforts? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.