I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve done this before. It can be hard to not post that hilarious meme that you know will garner 100 likes and 250 shares. But then what?
As experienced marketers know, it’s not about the immediate engagement, it’s about the connections we make and the ongoing conversations we have with our social audiences.
That’s why today’s infographic is a nice reminder of some of the things we all should and shouldn’t do on social media. Whether you’re new to the social scene or a seasoned veteran we can all use a healthy reminder from time to time.
Here are a few of my favorite things that you should be doing on social media:
- Build an audience using a combo of social networking sites, website, blog and face-to-face interactions
- Publish content that is mobile-friendly
- Use platforms that support your marketing goals
And here are some things that you should not be doing on social media:
- Give generic or apathetic responses
- Depend solely on paid advertising to build an audience
- Participate in social media without identifying goals
- Solely focus on rankings
To see what other social media do’s and do not’s are on the list, check out this infographic from The Core.
Let us know in the comments which one of these resonated with you!