If Twitter was around in the ’90s, the following would have likely filled your feed: “Family Matters,” Lisa Frank, and gas prices below $ 2. Oh, the memories.
Posted: August 24, 2014
I wanted to have a little fun with another ’90s-inspired post. This one is about 15 tweets you may have seen if Twitter was around in the 1990s:
1. Oh man! I just forded the river. Both of my friends died of dysentery. #OregonTrail
2. Gas prices just hit $ 1.59 a gallon. #ImGoingToGoBroke
3. I wonder how much my Beanie Baby collection will be worth in 20 years. #GoingToBeAMillionaire
4. *NSYNC or Backstreet Boys? Pick one. #NSYNC4Life
5. Mom is on the phone again! I can’t go on my favorite AOL chatroom. #FML
6. I just bought the coolest Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper. All the Lisa Frank! #ProductivityFTW
7. My favorite song just came on my boombox, but I’m all out of cassette tapes. #FML
8. How do I get this damn Furby to shut up? #Annoying
9. Best day ever! I just got my first CD and am listening to it on repeat. goo.gl/0aEiBt #Winning
10. I just bought a pair of these. This won’t end well. goo.gl/M6WSJQ #KlutzyTweets
11. “Full House,” “Family Matters” and “Boy Meets World” will air new episodes tonight. Let the binge-watching commence! #NoShame
12. Check out this awesome site: http://www2.warnerbros.com/spacejam/movie/jam.htm #SpaceJam
13. We placed the Slip ‘N Slide on the biggest hill in our neighborhood. You won’t believe what happened next. goo.gl/gkXmci
14. Guess who was the #Macarena champ at the Smith wedding. #InDaHouse
15. I just bought this awesome couch from #LimitedToo, and am now feeling light-headed. goo.gl/tq8G46 #NeedMoreLungCapacity
Share your best ’90s inspired tweets in the comments.
Jessica Malnik is a PR/marketing coordinator, social media specialist, videographer and an avid Gen Y blogger. A version of this article originally appeared on her blog.
Popularity: This record has been viewed 637 times.
Ragan.com moderates comments and reserves the right to remove posts that are abusive or otherwise inappropriate.